Sip your way to an amazing look of youthfulness with multiple advantages of green tea for skin and hair used and acknowledged since decades. That’s absolutely right. If you think green tea is just a cup of great smelling tasty aromatic hot liquid then its high time you updated your knowledge.
Green tea is a great way to look fabulous inside out as it’s a powerhouse of numerous health and beauty benefits parceled up together from that one natural item that could really over turn the dull and overshadowed state of your skin and zing up such vigor and vitality that surely demands a second glance.
Being rich in enzymes, anti oxidants phtyochemicals (like phenols, and amino acids) the vitamin B’s, potassium, magnesium, folate, caffeine and manganese, all of which when combined, deliver the benefits green tea is so well known for. What makes green tea all the more precious is the impressive list of skin and hair benefits it has. So, it not only takes care of you from the inside but also helps to beautify you from the outside!
(Read More on Health Benefits of Green Tea)
TOP BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA FOR SKIN
Having been used for centuries in Asian countries like China medicinally for the treatment of everything ranging from healing wounds, improving heart and mental health, to treating depression and headaches; there has been a great use of green tea for corporeal enhancement purposes as well. This article will tell you exactly how you can reap the multiple advantages with this fabulous herb.
Here’s a list of some amazing benefits of green tea for skin and hair:
- IMPROVES SKIN COMPLEXION
Being a natural antioxidant, green tea is a great way to improve the overall health of the body and skin because it effectively flushes out toxins and free radicals from the body which are solely responsible for anti aging signs and poor health. The upshot is that you get to enjoy a pink and plump health with improved skin texture and radiance.
Here’s a great face mask you can make easily at home to get a brighter and radiant complexion;
- Take two used tea bags and take out all the contents in a clean bowl.
- Add a bit of lemon juice and about 1 to 2 teaspoons of raw honey
- Mix it up well and apply the mixture all over your face
- Let it sit for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse it off with tepid water. Using this mask once or twice a week is sure to give your skin a nice glow.
2.REMEDY FOR SCARS & PIGMENTATIONS
One of the ideal benefits of green tea for skin is that It works to reduce inflammations and heal scars and blemishes to brighten up the complexion. The skins elasticity is also improved with its consumption. A study carried out by the Medical College of Georgia in 2003 showed that green tea can be used to treat wounds and various skin diseases and aids skin rejuvenation.
(Read More on Remedies for Pigmentation)
3.A NATURAL TONER
Did you know that you can also use green tea in place of your regular skin toner? Yes, that’s right! For those who have a rough and uneven skin texture, using green tea for skin purposes can actually tone and level up the top skin layers for a smoother texture loveable in every way.
4.MINIMIZES FACIAL PORES
A common problem most of us have; especially mature and aging people is of large face pores. Not only do they make the skin saggy and loose but also make you look older. One of the best natural remedies for shrinking face pores is making use of this aromatic tea. You can use it topically or drink it, either way it serves the purpose.
Wiping the face with some cotton dipped in green tea greatly helps to clean the skin by drawing out impurities and also reduces the appearance of open pores.
(Read more on How to Shrink Face Pores)
Now this sound quite inviting. When using green tea for skin enhancement; be sure to get this massive advantage of beauty due to its hydrating and properties that facilitate suppleness and glow. Here’s how to avail this advantage:
- Take two cups of freshly made green tea and allow it to cool down
- Put in a few drops of any essential oil whichever you may like
- Take a clean spray bottle and pour this solution into it. Your natural toner is all ready to use!
You can either spray it on to your face directly or use a clean cotton ball to apply it. Do this twice daily.
6.DIMINISHES SIGNS OF AGING
The fact that green tea is rich in antioxidants, makes it all the more effective in tackling sun damage, sagging skin, wrinkles and fine lines, as a result, slowing down the aging process of the skin.
The polyphenols present in green tea target the harmful free radicals in the body responsible for accelerating the aging process by damaging the skin.
- Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Mix in 1 tablespoon of ground green tea leaves and also a pinch of turmeric powder.
- Apply it on your face and neck and leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
This mask can be used once or twice a week.
7.TREATS PUFFY EYES
Free yourself from the enervated look of puffed eyes.
With its antioxidant and astringent quality, green tea makes works wonders in treating puffy eyes. It works by shrinking the blood vessels underneath the sensitive skin of the eyes, as a result, reducing the puffiness. In the process of doing so, the vitamin k in this tea gets rid of any dark circles you may have under your eyes.
HOW TO DO IT:
- Place 2 used green tea bags in the fridge for half an hour to make them cool
- Sit back and close your eyes and place the tea bags on your eye lids.
- Relax for 15minutes while it does its work
- Continue using this remedy twice daily until the desired results are achieved
8. ACNE TREATMENT
Acne is a very common skin problem that can be rather stubborn and irritating. The good news is that it can be treated easily. If you’re not someone who likes resorting to medicines that much, then we might just have the right solution for you to stop acne.
Green tea contains anti bacterial agents called catechins, which help fight the bacteria responsible for causing acne. An imbalance in the hormone levels in the body is also a key cause of acne, and these catechins help in regulating the hormone level. Scientific research shows that green tea also reduces inflammation of the skin with its soothing effect.
- Mix together water and freshly made green tea in equal amounts of ¼ cups each.
- Dab this solution onto your face with a cotton ball and leave it on for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cool water
You can continue doing this until you get acne free skin.
(Read more on Acne Treatment)
9. PROTECTS AGAINST SUN DAMAGE
The list of benefits of green tea for skin just seems to go on and on. Another interesting fact is that it is a very effective sun screen! With great ability to protect the skin from UV rays it contains catechins that make up about 25% of the weight of a tea leaf and epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) is the most abundantly found catechin in green tea responsible for providing sun protection.
For sun damage problems like sunburns and: discoloring
- Brew 2 cups of green tea and let it cool. It’s better to put it in the refrigerator.
- Take a soft cloth and soak it in the tea and apply it over the sunburned areas
- Doing this 2 to 3 times a day will relieve redness and pain
- (Read more on Sun Care)
HAIR BENEFITS OF GREEN TEA
ADDS UP SHINE
Green tea brings life to the hair and makes it healthy, strong and shiny! The high levels of panthenol, vitamin E and C keep the hair conditioned and well protected from damage caused by harsh chemicals and pollution.
- Take 2 to 3 green tea bags and steep them in 4 cups of hot water for at least an hour
- Remove the tea bags and wait for the solution to cool down completely
- Rinse your hair with this solution after dampening them first.
- Wait for 10minutes and then shampoo as usual
- Be sure to use cool water to seal in the shine and voila! You have silky shiny hair !
STIMULATES HAIR GROWTH
There’s nothing more horrifying than seeing your once healthy mane of hair shrinking into a leafless branch. Everyone faces one or the form of hair loss at some point in life and there’s nothing more disappointing when all your efforts to tackle this menace go in vain. Well, don’t lose hope.
You can still turn to good old green tea for helping you out .
According to experts, the epigallocatechin gallate EGCG in green tea is a potential growth stimulant and is very effective in hair loss prevention. It works by inhibiting the production of a molecule called Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) which is the culprit behind hair loss. Hence, consuming green tea will not only prevent the hair from falling out , but will also stimulate new hair growth.
- Was your hair and rinse it with freshly brewed green tea which has been cooled first.
- Leave it in for 10 to 15 minutes and then rinse your hair with cool water.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times a week for a few months
- Don’t forget to drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea daily and watch your hair transform into lustrous locks.
So these were a few of the impressive outcomes of using green tea for the skin. Impressed? Then don’t waste any time and brew up a nice cup of green tea for yourself and experience it all !