A fair complexion is a dream of every woman and that is why they are in constant pursuit of skin whitening products that can offer them just that. Though cosmetic products tend to provide men and women with the artificial assistance of simmering apparent beauty results; yet they have certain side effects which should not be overlooked. Despite the fact that the apparent results are stunning and indeed alluring; being cautious is imperative because they have steroids that cause health issues and so their frequent and excessive use should be avoided to evade the numerous disadvantages of skin whitening products.
Disadvantages of Skin Whitening Products
- Skin contraction is one of the principal side effects that is caused by the unrelenting use of skin whitening products. The continuous use of these chemically stringent products tend to make the skin very thin and sensitive as a result of which they become highly vulnerable to exposed capillaries, bruising, redness etc. since the skin layers becomes thin; therefore, it becomes a continuous victim of the harmful effects of external factors such as pollution, sun exposure and harsh atmospheric conditions.
- Conspicuous Pigmentation is one of the most irritating look of the face which tends to have freckling, blemishes and scarring that undermine your level of appeal and beauty. One of the greatest disadvantages of Skin whitening products is that they tend to make the skin layer thin and that makes the conspicuity of the freckles and pigmentation on the face all the more prominent. This is a great disadvantage of the use of skin products that though they provide a boost to your complexion on the one hand; yet they highlight factors that offer contradictory impressions to the fair complexion on the other.
- Leukoderma –Pigmentation and skin contraction tend to increase the risks of leukoderma, which is a condition whereby the level of melanin production is abated by the chemical ingredients of whitening products. The worst part is that this skin condition tends to leave pink patches on the face which becomes another problem in itself and marks undesirable looks on the face. It can however; be cured with ultra-violate light treatments.
- Mercury poisonings one of the disadvantages of skin whitening products to really be concerned about . Despite the fact that they have been banned from usage; yet many products have this as a core ingredient to get quick and desirable results but that does not go without a penalty. It directly affects melanin production- which one the one hand is good for a fair complexion but tends to deprive the skin of one of the products that it produces and which offers a function in the skin.
- High blood pressure can be caused by the incessant use of fairness products by the action of steroids and this can worsen medical conditions by facilitating blood sugar whose accentuated stage can lead to diabetes.
- Acne is one of the greatest disadvantages of skin whitening products that offers the most unwanted skin look which one may want because not only are they painful but also an awful sight to looks at. Skin whitening products tend clog skin pores that lead to blackheads, whiteheads and ultimately acne on the sensitive skin.