The use of onion juice for hair growth is a single solution to multiple hair problems like hair fall, premature graying, weakness, roughness and hair thinness. So if you’re concerned over any one of these issues, you’ve certainly come to the right place.
The very idea of the bad smell of onions does make you want to think twice about using it, but you know what? It’s worth it! Enriched with some of the most potent natural minerals like vitamin C, B6, folic acid, calcium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus and Sulphur; which is ideal for promoting and stimulating hair growth, the use of onion juice for hair renders multiple benefits which together result in gorgeously healthy, strong and thick hair growth.
Top Benefits of Onion Juice for Hair Growth
Giving you a bird’s eye view of what benefits to expect by using onion juice on your hair and scalp, here are some of the major advantages.
- It Prevents hair fall
- Strengthens weak hair
- Stops and reverses premature graying of the hair.
- Starts hair re-growth
- adds shine
- Prevents scalp infections
- Keeps the head and scalp dandruff free.
With the above handful of amazing benefits of onion juice for hair growth, what more could you possibly want. Below are some easy and simple ways to form different mixtures of onion juice with items most common in the kitchen.
Onion Juice Hair Growth Masks
- RAW ONION JUICEOnion juice for hair growth can be applied in many ways and there is nothing more effective than the direct application of the raw ingredient itself. Yes that’s right! Though the smell can be a problem for many; yet if you can manage then:
- Simply grate up an onion and strain or press the content to seep out its juice.
- Apply this juice with your fingers directly onto the scalp
- Massage gently for a few minutes.
- Cover your head with a hot towel or a shower cap and let your hair seep in the essence in the humid condition.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo after 20-30 minutes.
- Repeat daily for one month and then come down to twice a week for best results.
MIXED WITH HONEY
- Honey is one of the best natural ingredients used since decades for fabulous skin and hair results. Giving the hair better strength, softness and refined texture, the antioxidant property of honey helps to promote better health of the hair and scalp and that is why we get one of the bets hair masks for hair growth when we pair it up with raw onion juice.
- Grate up an onion or two and collect its juice.
- Add in a ½ or 1 tablespoon of honey and mix it up well.
- Apply and massage onto the scalp and cover up the head as mentioned before.
- Leave on for 20-30 minutes and then wash off. (Read More on Benefits of Honey for Hair)
One of the best concoction of onion juice for hair growth and hair loss treatment is a solution of onion juice water. Minimizing the Irritation of the eyes and the pungent odor just:
- chop down some onions and boil them in a pot for 15 minutes
- Allow it to cool and wash your hair with it.
- Repeat daily for a month and then come down to twice a week and finally once a week.
- It is a very effective way to stop hair loss and initiate hair growth; especially for men and women going bald.
ONION & LEMON JUICE
Another way to achieve maximum benefits of onion juice for hair growth is to use it mixed with lemon juice. This not kills the bad odor but renders more effective hair results like that of added shine and softness along with a dandruff free scalp.
- Take an onion and drain out its juice either by crushing it up in a blender or by grating and squeezing it.
- Add in one tablespoon of lemon juice and mix
- Apply on the hair. Wash off after 30 minutes.
RUM & ONION
The bad smell of onions is one of the major reason people are reluctant to use it on their head. But using onion juice for hair growth combined with rum is an easy way to take double advantage.
- Chop up an onion
- Soak it in a bowl of rum and leave it over night.
- Drain out the solution by separating the onions and massage it gently on to the scalp.
- Keep your head covered and wash off after half an hour.
These handful of hair masks are ideal ways to treat innumerable hair problems and are every reason to use onion juice for hair growth requirements the cheap and effective way right at home. However; a regular use of any one of these solutions is required to trigger the results you pursue.