Honey has been used since centuries for its health and beauty benefits; yet many people are not aware of the fact that this miracle natural product is also a great way to get relief from the issues of hair fall and a good way to start hair care through hair growth stimulation. Not only does it add to hair thickening but enhance the sheen and shine of your hair.
The rising medical risks, external factors and improper diet greatly contribute to hair fall, fragility, breakage, thinning and baldness and honey comes a s a natural blessing for people with thin hair and for those under acute problem of baldness.
Hair Growth Benefits of Honey
Following are some of the miracles of the use of honey which greatly assist in starting hair growth.
- Honey is one of the natural products that is a good hair softener which acts as a potent hair conditioner and is great for having smooth and soft hair through a well nourished scalp that is in itself a sound ground for hair growth.
- A dehydrated scalp is the prime reason for the indefinite hair problems such as dryness, brittleness, hair fall and breakage. Honey is a known humectant which prevents loss of moisture from the scalp and keeps it hydrated. This helps in activating even the dormant hair follicles to start hair growth once again and makes them strong.
- Dandruff is one of the causes of hair fall and thinness yet it can be effectively curtailed with the use of honey which has antibacterial and antiseptic properties which keeps the scalp free from infections and keeps the skin conditioned.
- Honey being a natural emollient is an antioxidant helps stimulate hair growth in the scalp.
- Whether you apply honey on the hair or make its regular use in the daily diet , it is great source of nourishment for hair follicles which are responsible for hair growth. It improves their health and boosts its level of functionality.
How to use honey for hair growth
If you are not conversant t of how to make use of honey so that it directly facilitates the process of hair growth, then here are the open secret to try out.
- You can add a tablespoon of honey to your shampoo and have direct application on the skin for better conditioning and cleansing of the scalp. It should however; be left on for about half an hour before being washed off with warm water. This hair care measure is recommended twice a week for best results.
- Honey can also be massaged into the scalp by being added with oils such as virgin olive oil. Mix 2 tbspn of honey and 1 spoon of olive oil and heat them in a microwave for half a minute. After allowing the mixture to cool massage on to the scalp covering the hair from root to tip. Leave it on for 20 minutes and then wash off.